Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I AM NOT A LADY !!!

Standard-1, First class in school
The class teacher shouted" Roll No -39, Suchitra Pradhan" looking at the girl's side.but noone responded from girl's side.the teacher again shouted "Roll No - 39, Suchitra Pradhan". Suddenly a hand raised from the boy's side from the back bench responding " Present Sir".
Teacher - "what's your name? Suchitra Pradhan?"
Student - "No, Sir, it's Suchitr Pradhan"
Teacher - Oh, you are Suchitr, not Suchitra". (It's written Suchitra But pronounced Suchitr)
Student - "yes, sir"
Teacher - "Dont you have a middle name?"
Student - " yes, Sir, Suchitr Kumar Pradhan"

That was the first time, i remember someone called me "Suchitra, with a girl's name". Just after the class, everyone mocked at me asking"Suchitra, why are you on boy's side? go to girl's side. Do you have a dick or a pussy?". that day, i could not say anything to anyone but i alway wanted to say" i have a dick, i am a boy, not a girl".

From the first class of first day, every teacher called me first"Suchitra" and every time i responded "Sir/Ma'm, its not suchitra, its suchitr, Suchitr kumar pradhan". Every time teacher called me with that name, laughing goes around the class.Yeah, i can say, for that name, everyone in my class remembered me that there is a boy with girl's name. From the very first class, i was known face because of my name.

School to high school, high school to college, every time, every where, teacher, student, whoever read my name for the first time called me Suchitra and every time i respocded back" Suchitr, its not Suchitra"

A great person has once said"What's in a name?naam me kya rakha hai?" but for me, yes, there is something in a name, it makes your identity, it signifies your gender.but my name changes my gender. Every time to everyone, i have to clarify that i am not a lady, i am a man.

When you appear for an interview, what does an interviewer question you first? thing is different with me. Every time i appeared an interview, interviewer starts with the question" why is your name like that?". And i have to explain them with the same answer again and again " Sir, my eldest brother name is Bichitra, my middle brother name is Pabitra. My parents wanted a name to match with the sound of the other two names, they found" Suchitra" the best. SO they kept it." Thats how my name is Suchitra.

How would you feel, if someone calls with a girl's name? It's not their fault, or my fault or my parents fault. Then whose fault it is? why my brother's name were kept as those for which my name had to be kept to match to name of them? friends name me "Suchi", which is of course a girl's name. Every time there is a girl with the same name in my class, we both respond to same call.

Whenever someone asks my name, i answer "Suchitr". but the one who asks, cant take my name as a girl's name, so he respond" oh, Sujit, Sudit, Suchit etc etc.". A man with beard and mustache cant have a girl's name. but i have and thats true.

Even my X-girlfriend was hesitating to tell my name to her friends that she has a boyfriend with a girl's name.i know every one will laugh on her.i knew she didnt like my name. that's why she used to call me "Somu" and her friends call me "Somu bhaiya". She burst out laughing when ever she hears my eldest brother name " Bichitra". i dont know why but she finds it peculiar.

Seriously, but i never tried to hide my real name to anyone or never told any other name to any unknown person. Why should I? My parents kept it with their love.I know with this name i will be known to everyone.i will never change my name by affidavit. i will keep going with the same name forever and ever and will keep saying"its Suchitr, not Suchitra", "i am not a lady, i am a MAN.

No comments: